Wills Chess Blog
Adventures in chess in Cambridgeshire

Cambridge 2 vs Buckden, Cambridgeshire 500

Category: By Will
Mental preparation? I sat down and my heart sank when I saw who my opponent was, he was rated 1/2 of my grade but during an earlier game at Buckden seemed a good deal stronger. And so I forgot to think, again and lost.



Play chess online!

 

3 comments so far.

  1. transformation 7 January 2009 at 22:54
    very, very nice to see you will.

    fyi, i tend to be very 'on-top' off comments, but A, goggle is eratic therein (and never got the comment for moderation), and B, have been more than fully occupied in an assiduous job search, as a senior person, in a job market undersupplied by job opportunities.

    thank you for stopping by.

    warmest, dk
  2. transformation 28 February 2009 at 19:44
    database(S) sent.

    please let me know.

    as for your blog, you must be a very good chess player so, juxtaposed with what you 'say' (show) is what you do not say (do not show).

    i wonder who you are, and what it is that you think about. what challenges you face, programs you are running (ending improvment, opening prep, tactical regimins, etc), and

    what efforts you thirst for or wish you could structure but have NOT gotten to yet.

    in short, however epigramic, what sort of person you are and how you think and what concerns you.

    this is meant as a friendly challenge, but this is what a chess blog hopes to be!

    david k,
    seattle :)
  3. Will 17 March 2009 at 13:32
    Never being one to back down from a challenge DK I will endeavour to add more to this blog. I have been thinking long and hard about what I want to say, this is part of my introspective outlook on chess and life. Without thought actions are usually detrimental to your position.

Something to say?